Non-Surgical Peridontal Therapy – What is stopping you from getting that Good Result?
The aim of this course is to provide dental professionals with a comprehensive knowledge on the management of periodontal disease using non-surgical periodontal therapy (NSPT) within a primary setting and achieving a good success rate.
This course is mainly lecture based and it focuses on ….
- Comprehensive discussion on all things related to NSPT:
- Aetiology, progression and treatment options
- Evidence behind everything we say and do
- Diagnosis and treatment planning
- Communication with patient – how to explain disease in simple terms, how to discuss treatment plans and costs
- Obtaining consent , writing comprehensive notes and follow up notes
- The actual “big day” planning and what happens on the day !
- Successful treatment outcome – what plays the part
- Instrument selection
- Review and follow ups
- Measuring success
- Managing failures
- When / how / where to refer
- Case studies
- GDC cases
- And many more !!
Speaker: Mr Deepak Simkhada
Date/s: See table below
Time: 09:00 – 17:00
CPD: 6.5 hours verifiable
For: General Dental Practitioners, Dental Therapists and Hygienists
Cost: £85.00 Lunch and refreshments included
All of our courses are fully independent and unbiased. However courses are supported by various dental companies and supplies. It will enable us to bring better courses in reasonable cost. There might be representatives from various company on our course day so you get opportunity to try and discuss products you might like
Aims and Objectives:
To provide the dental professionals with a comprehensive knowledge on the management of periodontal disease using Non-Surgical Periodontal Therapy within primary setting and on achieving good success rate.
ANTICIPATED LEARNING OUTCOMES:
Participants should be able to:
ü To outline our current understanding of the aetiology, progression and treatment of periodontal disease
ü To discuss evidence based science behind the use of various oral hygiene products and its effectiveness in non-surgical periodontal therapy hygiene phase
ü To understand the objectives of non-surgical periodontal therapy and the stages of wound healing
ü To discuss when and how to refer a patient for specialist care
ü To demonstrate how to construct a treatment plan, gain consent and keep comprehensive records
|09:00 - 09:30||Registration|
|09:30 - 11:00||Recap of basics of periodontal disease, management and the use of various oral hygiene products (evidence-based)|
|11:00 - 11:15||Refreshments|
|11:15 - 13:00||Objectives of NSPT, process of wound healing, treatment planning and gaining consent
|13:00 - 14:00||Lunch|
|14:00 - 15:00||Planning the big day (treatment planning)|
|15:00 - 16:00||Case studies|
|16:00 - 16:40||GDC cases, legislative issues|
|16:40 - 17:00||Q & A, feedbacks
Please choose day 1 from drop down menu while booking. This is my the favourite day out of 3 days.
- Any cancellation is subject to a £25 administration charge regardless of reasons. It is to cover our administrative costs.
- Delegates cancelling between nine to five weeks prior to the course start date are eligible for a 50% refund of the course cost.
- No refund is available if a delegate cancels their ticket in the last five weeks prior to the course start date regardless of reasons.
- Failure to attend the course will result in the full cost being incurred.
- If a delegate is unable to attend the course, a substitute attendee is welcome take their place provided the substitute is eligible to attend. An administration fee of £25 is required to make the transfer.
- In the event of cancellation of a course, we will endeavour to inform all participants a week before the course is due to take place, although please be aware that this is not always possible. All course fees paid will be reimbursed in full, or the payment can be transferred in full to another course subject to availability.
We do not accept liability for any consequential loss and are unable to reimburse for any other costs that may be associated or incurred, including transport costs, accommodation etc.
For further information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
call: 07868 703 790